Welcome Members,Visitors, And Friends
D G Van Curen
President of Humanists of Idaho
Humanists of Idaho is a non-profit corporation organized to promote:
Ethical, democratic, and naturalistic humanism in the state of Idaho
Through public awareness, education, and community involvement.
We believe in:
- The application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
- An open and pluralistic society, where democracy and the separation of church and state are the best guarantees of protecting human rights.
- Securing justice and fairness in society and eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
- Showing love and respect for the planet Earth and all living things thereon, especially humankind.
- Contributing to those less fortunate than ourselves, thus helping them become self-sufficient and able to enjoy the benefits of a decent life, including clean air and water, adequate food and health care, housing, education, and individual rights.
- Treating all persons everywhere with dignity, respect, and friendliness.
- The common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
If you would like more detailed information about Humanists of Idaho, or Humanist Philosophy in general, e-mail us at:
For other descriptions of humanist beliefs, check out the following resources: